Friday, March 7, 2008

BMW M5 Tuning and My opinion on ventilated Seats

To put it simple.
I sold my tuned bmw m5 and one of the reasons was the seats. Now that I have the M5, it has vented seats and I must say overall a more complete package of luxury and performance.

In other words
Perforated/ventilated is definitely the way to go IMO.
The leather is much softer, the seats are more comfortable, and the support is great - even for occasional tracking the lateral support is very good. The ventilation is good for the hot months, and I actually use it with the heat as well. As an additional bonus, I really do use the neck support on the comfort seats, I had that on my 545, and use it quite a bit just to lean back and relax after driving a while. The non-ventilated look better, but I Love the look and feel of vented seats. The neck support is wonderful. Feels so comfy and sporty. When I get in the car with a shirt and tie, I do love having the vent seats to stop my back from getting hot and sweaty. And that is during the winter since my car has 670 miles on it.

That's how it goes for my but MY friend has a different view. Here what he says:
I guess I'm the oddball since I'm not impressed with BMW's ventilated seats. I felt that the Lincoln MKZ and the Infinit M35 (both rentals) had more powerful ventilated seats where your bunghole would freeze. Once you sit in the BMW seat, it kinda blocks the holes and the air is forced out the holes that provide the least resistance, aka the ones above your shoulder and between the legs in the front. I would prefer not to have them since the leather feels softer but too delicate for everyday wear and tear. If you end up buying, go no vent, if you lease go ventilated IMO.

No comments: