Friday, March 7, 2008

BMW M5 2008 VS BMW M6 2008 here is how it is!

Came up with observations between my 2008 M6 and my 2008 M5. I only have a few hundred miles on the M5, but the differences are great. The cars have the same chassis, same engine, same tranny, but feel so different.

Build quality: Goes to the M5. My M6 had some torn leather, a discolored i-Drive, condensation in the headlight. I also had a few creeks when I would go up and down my driveway. The bmw m5 tuning is solid, no sounds. Winner: M5

Looks: Toss up. I like the coupe silhouette of the M6, but the M5 has a classic BMW sedan look that is second to none. Winner: Subjective

Sound: I think the M6's exhaust sounds deeper and throatier. The M5's is a bit more subdued. Winner: M6

The M6 feels and is lighter than the M5. The M6 is a true sport GT. Very powerful and hugs the road very well. The cabin feels more luxurious than the M5. The dash of the M6 meets leather and carbon fiber, while portions of the M5’s dash meet plastic and plastic looking and feeling wood. Winner: M6
Wheels and tires. I am upset that the M5 comes with Conti's and not the Michelin Pilot Sport tires that the M6 has. Also while the M5 wheels are nice, the M6 forged wheels are the best looking stock wheel I have ever seen, second to Ferrari. Winner: M6

Creature comfort goes to the M5. Vented seats, seating position and the active seats are amazing. If you cant find a comfortable seating position in the M5 than you don’t deserve to be sitting. Winner: M5

Door sills: They light up on the M6 and make it feel special. The M5's are nice, but don’t light up. Winner: M6.

HUD: The HUD in the M5 is so much better than in the M6. I now see why you guys voted to order it. To be honest the one in the M6 was awful and I regretted getting it. The one in the M5 is perfect, the color is better the location is spot on and it’s wonderful. Winner: M5

MPG: I swear the M5 gets better miles per gallon. I drove the same distance I normally drive in the M6 and the M5 had more gas in the tank. Winner: M5

No comments: